WalkyDog®: General Mounting Instructions
Assembly is very easy: it takes no more than five minutes and you're ready to have fun with your dog, in complete safety and with both your hands tightly holding the handlebars.
1. After opening the packaging, separate the two parts of the fixing jaw (7 and 8) from the tubular bar (5);
2. Position the two parts of the fixing jaw on the saddle-holding pole, slightly tightening the screws (9). (Allow the jaw to stay in position but still free to be adjusted);
3. In case of non-standard seat post diameter (or simply to avoid scratches) wrap the rubber band (6) around the post before positioning the jaw.
4. Hook up the tubular bar (5), orienting it towards the back of the bike at an angle of about 20°.
5. Now,just tighten the screws firmly, and you are ready to go.
6. Make sure the quick-lock (11) is completely engaged.
See schematic above.
Adjusting the product:
The cord length can be adjusted by regulating the number of springs in the internal shock-absorbing system. By reducing the number of springs, the cord becomes lengthened and the spring tension is reduced, thus adapting the WalkyDog® to small sized dogs. The internal spring system can be accessed by unscrewing the front bullet terminal (3) and removing the cord (2). Undo the spring holding knot on the cord's end and remove one or two springs; tie the knot on the end of the cord again before re-inserting the system inside the tubular bar.
See Below for General Adjustment Suggestions:
• Use 3 springs for adult dogs such as Alaskan Malamutes, Dobermans and the like; Use 2 springs for adult dogs such as Siberian Husky, Golden Retriever, Dalmatians, German Shepherds and the like;
• Use 1 spring for puppies of the above-mentioned breeds and generally for small sized dogs.
Problem: The fixing jaw loses its grip
Solution: Every now and then, just make sure the jaw's screws are firmly tightened.
Problem: The cord is too short/long for the dog
Solution: Adjust the number of internal springs until the desired length is achieved.
Problem: The cord has begun to fray
Solution: Our cords are specially selected for use with the WalkyDog®. Nevertheless, due to specific use conditions/dog behaviour they can deteriorate (nothing lasts forever!). Replace them: any similary shaped cord with the same diameter will do the trick.
Now you're ready to have fun with your dog, in complete safety and with both your hands tightly holding the handlebars!
Pay careful attention to regulate the intensity, length and speed of each training session to the fitness and health condition of your dog.
Once your bike is parked, simply disengage the WalkyDog and use it as a comfortable leash
Click here to download the high resolution PDF file.
IMPORTANT NOTE AND LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The WalkyDog® should not be used by children younger than 15 years of age and with a body weight lighter than 35 kgs. Use of the WalkyDog® by children is strongly recommended under strict parental supervision. The WalkyDog® should not be used by riders carrying children on the bike.
The WalkyDog® is a product specifically designed for the professional endurance training of competition dogs. Before using the product on the public road, carefully check the Highway Code.
BICE SRL declines each and every responsibility that may derive from a use of the product that does not comply with the laws and regulations in force.
EUROPEAN AND U.S. PATENTS APPROVED WO2004-082372.
Mieke & Maya
Click to enlarge
PART LIST :
(3) BULLET-LIKE TERMINAL
(4) COMPRESSION SPRINGS
(5) ALUMINIUM POLE
(6) RUBBER BAND
(7) BACK FIXING JAW
(8) FRONT FIXING JAW
(11) QUICK LOCK SYSTEM
Videos to watch or download.